There is SO much GLAM packed into this living room! The soft color palette of light blues, cream, tan, brown, gold and bronze keep your eyes at ease while absorbing the details.
This room did have an advantage from the start of being large in scale; however, the look may still be easily achieved in a room half the size. Instead of doing pairs of the coffee table, wing chairs and floor lamp — just use 1 of each. The mirrored tops of the cigar tables match the mirrored top of the cocktail tables joining these large and small pieces. Shagreen compliments the texture and sheen of the velvet upholstered chairs keeping the grouping cohesive.
When using an extra long sofa with no room for side tables — simply use floor lamps beside or behind the sofa for reading light. Also, notice how the stacked spheres on the base of the floor lamps complement the round shape of the tabletops in the middle of the room…it draws you in.
Wall mirrors will open up a room and keeping the collection of gold, bronze and silver frames evenly spaced from floor-to-ceiling & wall-to-wall adds simplicity. DIY tips: layout mirrors on your floor, MEASURE and use painters tape for marking your grid and spacing before making a mess of your wall.
1. Wilson Nickel Studded Rectangular Mirror — Worlds Away ; 2. Gold Ribbed Mirror — Bliss Studio ; 3. Delaney Mirror — Arteriors Home ; 4. Dion Antique Silver Leaf Mirror — Worlds Away ; 5. Ulysses Chandelier — Arteriors Home ; 6. Millenium Table Lamp — Arteriors Home ; Millenium Floor Lamp — Arteriors Home ; 8. Aero: Beginning to Now — Thomas O’Brien ; 9. Nash Wing Chair ; 10. Cara Shagreen Cocktail Table — turquoise — Made Goods ; 11. Horse Tail Jar — Bliss Studio ; 12. Large Coral Art — gray green ; 13. Lola Round Cigar Table — gold — Worlds Away ; 14. Trent Chair — pebble
Don’t you just want to jump into all of those pillows on the sofa??? Well, we do… Trick to selecting this many pillows for your sofa is to stick to neutrals, metallic, and subtle textures/patterns. Also, have some variance in shape and fabric for layering.
1. Wood Grain Pillow — champagne — Kevin O’Brien Studio ; 2. Velvet Cotton Pillow — slate green ; 3. Gold Dior Pillow — lumbar — Aviva Stanoff ; 4. Velvet Greek Key Pillow — blue ; 5. Lily Natural White Pillow — fur — Made Goods ; 6. Gold Dior Pillow — square — Aviva Stanoff ; 7. Velvet Cotton Pillow — wheat ; 8. Luxembourg Pagoda Beaded Pillow — Jonathan Adler
Paint swatches are not just for your walls! Find colors (like the Benjamin Moore paint colors we selected above) that match your furniture and then carry with you when shopping for accessories/pillows/other furniture pieces. Camera phones have made things easier, but unfortunately they do not always capture the TRUE color. Tan, cream, gray, brown, blue can all have different undertones and hues so a paint chip will help keep you in the same family.
- Benjamin Moore : Quiet Moments (1563) — wall color / occasional chair / cocktail table
- Benjamin Moore : French Press (AF-170) — wing chairs / pillows / ulysses
- Benjamin Moore : Mascarpone (AF-20) — crown moulding / trim / pillows / sofa / rug
- Marth Stewart Living : Gold Metallic Glaze — use on top of painted moulding and wipe off to get a gold shiny trim!